Part Time Jobs
Please check back here to see any part-time jobs available within the ASU. Other opportunities can be found on Acadia Central!
POSITION: Part Time Food Services
TERM: August 30th, 2019 - April 30th, 2020
RATE OF PAY: $11.75 per hour plus Vacation Pay
DUTIES: Working as a food service handler during scheduled shifts; duties include, but are not limited to, retail sales, adhering to store opening and closing procedures, handling cash and making deposits, dispensing food and beverage products, handling food, and promoting store and store merchandise to customers.
TRAINING: Consists of mandatory job orientation at commencement of the work term plus periodic training seminars and staff meetings throughout the year.
Must be available for training (Aug 30)
PREREQUISITES: Strong customer service, organizational, time management, and communication skills; ability to respond creatively to pressure; unique promotional skills. Previous food service experience is considered an asset. Sessional GPA of 2.00 or above.
HOURS: Part Time during academic year. Hours are scheduled. Expect approximately 5-10 hours per week. Must be available to work some lunch shifts 11am-1:30pm (M-F) in addition to evenings shifts 5-9/10 at the Axe Grill and weekends.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, and a copy of your most recent marks.
In Person: Food Service Managers Office 306
DEADLINE: September 20,2019
The ASU reserves the right not to fill this position.
THIS IS AN ACADIA STUDENTS' UNION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Full Time Jobs
Please check back here for full-time jobs available to non-students at the Acadia Students' Union.
Prep Cook and General Helper
ASU Food Services
General: The Prep Cook and General Helper will assist the cook to ensure the highest possible quality produced in a timely fashion for all Axe Kitchen offerings. Also helping to ensure product freshness, portion control, and waste.
The Kitchen Helper is responsible for assisting the Axe Kitchen Cook daily. Other areas you may be assisting with when prep tasks are done are catering, dishes, and food prep in other food service areas. The Kitchen Helper reports to Food Services Manager, Jennifer Kennedy.
- Supervise and provide leadership to student staff working at the Axe Kitchen, when needed;
- Expected to be able to open and close the kitchen when assigned;
- Be able to fill in for the cook if they are not present;
- Complete daily temperature logs when asked;
- Assist with inventory counting and recording;
- Help complete the prep for all daily specials, and regular menu items;
- Interact with other staff in a professional manner that will promote and enhance the offered services;
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment by keeping kitchen, fridges, freezers, and storeroom areas orderly;
- Operate and clean the dishwasher;
- Operate and keep kitchen equipment properly cleaned;
- Service customer orders following the specific guidelines for portion and quality control;
- Strictly follow established food safety regulations and report any problems directly to the Lead Cook and Manager;
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize given tasks;
- Assist Cook in preparing food for occasional banquets and special brunches;
- Clean the ventilation hood interior and exterior on a weekly basis;
- When complete duties in Kitchen be able to do prep work in other food areas (Axe Handle and Perkin’s)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Cook or Food Manager whether in the Axe Grill or other food service area.
Dress code: The Kitchen Helper is expected to report to work with a clean uniform that consists of a work shirt with optional apron. Acadia University ball hat or hairnets must be worn when entering kitchen area. No open toed shoes or sandals are permitted in the work environment.
- Part Time, seasonal (Approximately Sept-May)
- 40+ hours per week
- Primarily 12-9pm occasional weekends
- $12 an hour, plus 4% Vacation Pay
- Kitchen experience would be considered an asset
- Provide 2 references
- Food Handlers Certificate would be an asset
- Punctual, have reliable transportation to work, organized, enthusiastic
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Submit cover letter and resume, all in one document to:
In Person: to Kira Awrey ( room 501) -or-