Karaoke Host Job Application Deadline
Prep Cook and General Helper
ASU Food Services
General: The Prep Cook and General Helper will assist the cook to ensure the highest possible quality produced in a timely fashion for all Axe Kitchen offerings. Also helping to ensure product freshness, portion control, and waste.
The Kitchen Helper is responsible for assisting the Axe Kitchen Cook daily. Other areas you may be assisting with when prep tasks are done are catering, dishes, and food prep in other food service areas. The Kitchen Helper reports to Food Services Manager, Jennifer Kennedy.
- Supervise and provide leadership to student staff working at the Axe Kitchen, when needed;
- Expected to be able to open and close the kitchen when assigned;
- Be able to fill in for the cook if they are not present;
- Complete daily temperature logs when asked;
- Assist with inventory counting and recording;
- Help complete the prep for all daily specials, and regular menu items;
- Interact with other staff in a professional manner that will promote and enhance the offered services;
- Help maintain a clean and safe work environment by keeping kitchen, fridges, freezers, and storeroom areas orderly;
- Operate and clean the dishwasher;
- Operate and keep kitchen equipment properly cleaned;
- Service customer orders following the specific guidelines for portion and quality control;
- Strictly follow established food safety regulations and report any problems directly to the Lead Cook and Manager;
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize given tasks;
- Assist Cook in preparing food for occasional banquets and special brunches;
- Clean the ventilation hood interior and exterior on a weekly basis;
- When complete duties in Kitchen be able to do prep work in other food areas (Axe Handle and Perkin’s)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Cook or Food Manager whether in the Axe Grill or other food service area.
Dress code: The Kitchen Helper is expected to report to work with a clean uniform that consists of a work shirt with optional apron. Acadia University ball hat or hairnets must be worn when entering kitchen area. No open toed shoes or sandals are permitted in the work environment.
- Part Time, seasonal (Approximately Sept-May)
- 40+ hours per week
- Primarily 12-9pm occasional weekends
- $12 an hour, plus 4% Vacation Pay
- Kitchen experience would be considered an asset
- Provide 2 references
- Food Handlers Certificate would be an asset
- Punctual, have reliable transportation to work, organized, enthusiastic
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Submit cover letter and resume, all in one document to:
In Person: to Kira Awrey ( room 501) -or-
Location: Axe Bar and Grill