Acadia Students' Union Elections
Below, you will find information regarding the 2019-2020 ASU elections.
CHECK OUT THE BY-ELECTION TAB! HAPPENING NOW!
NOMINATION PERIOD: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - Friday, September 27, 2019
Candidates fill out the Fall By-Election nomination form and submit it by the the closing of the nomination period to be considered an eligible candidate in the by-election.
- Vice President Finance & Operations
- Professional Studies Senator
- Community Relations Representative
- First-Year Representative
Find position descriptions and important information HERE
During the 2019 By-Election, students will vote regarding the implementation of a bus pass. The following question will appear on the ballot during the voting days.
Further information on the UPass proposed agreement <-- Here
If you have any questions, comments, concerns etc. please reach out!
UPass Referendum Question (Ratified by SRC on April 9, 2019)
Do you support the implementation of a mandatory Bus Pass (“UPass”) Program, which includes the following terms?
- Use of the Kings Transit fixed route bus service year round
- Use of weekend bus service to and from Halifax between the dates of August 15 and May 15 each year
- Annual fee of $180 per year for the use of bus transportation services provided by Kings Transit Authority, assessed and applied as part of annual fees
- Participation in the plan would be mandatory for Full Time students. Participation in the program would be optional for Part Time and Co-op students by a pre-defined date;
- The plan will come into effect for the 2020/2021 academic year. Use of bus transportation services provided by Kings Transit Authority is outlined in the “UPass Agreement” document. Dependents may ride the Kings Transit fixed route service for free, when accompanied by an Eligible Student.
- Acadia Students’ Union can adjust the program, or its terms of administration, or its operating policies, from year to year due to inflation, changes in utilization, or a change in desired service by the membership. The fee can be adjusted (no more than 5%) from year to year.
Note: a majority vote is required to pass this referendum
ALL CANDIDATES MEETING: Monday, September 30, 2019
The All Candidates Meeting is MANDATORY for all candidates. At this meeting, the Chief Returning Officer (CRO) and Deputy Chief Returning Officer (DCRO) will discuss election guidelines, bylaws, rules, answer questions, introduce the candidates and set the foundation for the campaign period.
CAMPAIGN PERIOD: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - Thursday, October 10, 2019
Please review the BY-LAWS and participate in the All Candidates Meeting to ensure a fair, smooth, and successful election!
INFORMATION COMING 2020